Monday, November 7, 2011

Mostly for Charlotte....

I am starting this blog mostly for Charlotte so that she can enjoy mommy's favorite recipes for years to come.  Thanks to another friend who recently started great food blog for helping me to find such an important reason to finally pull the trigger!

I began a cooking and baking adventure a few years back when I was diagnosed with a wheat/gluten and dairy allergy (intolerance).  My dairy allergy is not as severe, but I still try to minimize my consumption, at least in my own cooking.  Over the years, my husband and I have also reduced our meat consumption at home (thanks to books like Fast Food Nation and The Omnivores Dilemma as well as documentaries such as Food Inc. and Forks Over Knives) so now most of the meals I cook are vegetarian, gluten-free, and with minimal dairy.  I find my inspiration from all over, including other blogs, the cooking and food network channels, magazines (Everyday Food and Sunset are the two I read consistently) and cookbooks.  I almost always make modifications whether it be to add something for nutritional purposes or to reduce (or eliminate) the gluten or dairy.

I hope that you enjoy my blog and are able to try out some of my favorite recipes and ideas yourself.  I hope that in return you will share your ideas and suggestions with me!

XOXO
Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO excited about your blog! I can't wait to try out some of your recipes. :-)

    Kari

    ReplyDelete