Saturday, July 28, 2012

Summer Corn Salad Dressing

I came across a variation of this salad dressing (or sandwich spread or veggie dip) recipe in a magazine and loved how it tastes like summer.  It is super easy to make and will last about 3 days in the refrigerator.  I typically use it over a salad of some sort and my husband likes to use it as a spread for sandwiches.  It goes really well drizzled over steak or in a steak salad.

Ingredients:
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 2 medium sized ears)
1 clove garlic, sliced
1/4 cup oil of choice (I use sunflower)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I usually adjust this down just a bit)
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons water + more if needed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

In a blender add all ingredients and blend until completely smooth.  If the mixture is too thick for your taste add water, one tablespoon at a time, and blend again.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment